Resilient Library Collection
Books, DVDs, and audiobooks are available for checkout in our New Book Area plus print resources for adult caregivers and those interested in healthy aging.
The Collection includes items on the following topics:
- Healthy Aging - exercise, creativity, decluttering, humor, ageism, anxiety, stress, and memory
- Financial - retirement planning, reverse mortgages, budgeting, credit, investing, single women and money, entrepreneurship, health care, and second careers
- Adult Caregiving - Alzheimer's and dementia care, hospice, caregiver burnout, handouts with shopping resources for older adults and caregivers
- Technology - Books about computers and apps designed for seniors, like laptops for seniors, Microsoft 11 for seniors, etc
- Housing - books about how to age in place at home safely, and alternative housing options
The Resilient Library Newsletter
A free, semimonthly (twice a month) newsletter featuring articles from books and trusted online sources on such topics as:
- Healthy Aging
- Adult Caregiving
- Brain puzzles, Arts and Crafts Project Instructions, and gardening tips
The newsletter is available in print, online, and by email. If you would like to subscribe, you can either call the library at 540-375-3089, email the Library or pick up a print copy in our New Book Section. Back issues are archived on our website. The Resilient Library Newsletter is your one-stop shop for healthy aging and adult caregiving resources. Our semimonthly newsletter is filled with useful information to help you through these challenging times.